Saturday, June 27, 2009

Too much TV?

We left on Tuesday to go to Cincinnati. It was a beautiful day which made for a nice ride. We needed to be there at 1:00.

Simon saw the nurse who decides which type of sleep study he needs. He has labored breathing at night, will fall asleep at school quite a bit. They think he may have sleep apnea. He will go in and spend the night at Cinci Childrens to have this done. We'll probably be able to combine it with one of our other appointments. I will know on Monday when he goes in. The worse part is that they don't treat sleep apnea in children like they do adults with a Cpap machine. They do surgery. I have had the surgery, so I have been there. But I will wait for the results to be in and find out what the plan is.

After our appointment we had dinner, we went to the Lego Store again. We love that place. We were in there well over an hour. But it's always worth it. The store was packed this time. Then it was back to the hotel to get in the pool.

On Wednesday we had to be out of there for an 8:00 appointment. Wow was that early since I sat up until Midnight playing on thecomputer. The kids saw Dr. Parkins for their therapy. She has put them on a sticker reward chart for the week. For each portion of the day they are able to control their anger, they get a sticker. Getting the reward is determined by how many stickers they get. Next Wednesday we'll find out the results. Right now Sydnee is winning.

After leaving our appointment, we went back to the hotel. I told the kids we were going to take a nap and the go check out something that is fun (it was about 11am at the time). Simon finally went to sleep. Sydnee and I slept until 1:30. I couldn't beleive it. But boy did I feel better. After getting up and out, we picked up some lunch and went to Winton Woods Harbor. We ate our lunch and then went out of the paddle boats. They had a lot of fun with that. We were only out there about 1 hour (which was plenty for me). It was sooooo hot! I just can't handle the heat like I used to.

Afterwards it was getting later in the day and we went to the dinner and the hotel. The next morning we went to the Sewing Expo. We were only there a couple of hours. It wasn't anything to brag about. I've seen better. But it was nice to go.

Finally we were back home. Then it was time to try and clean Mom's pool. It's a mess. We've been trying to get it opened, but apparently we aren't using enough chemicals even though we are using what Watsons told her to do. So again later tonight I will be over there to add chemicals and scrubbing the sides again. Then tomorrow I get to vacuum it.

The problem of the week has been TV. Simon is literally obcessed with TV. I don't let him watch it constantly and never have. But he has now discovered that the hotel and Grandma has the Disney Channel. Many of those shows are way too old for him. But I still don't want him to sit and watch it constantly. He would sit in front of it for hours on in if I let him. So I have had to go to only letting him watch it for 30 minutes and then more can be determined later in the day. Then he goes on during the day of constant asking to watch more. It gets to where he asks every 20 minutes or so. That can make for a long day. When he is tired of hearing the word "no" he goes into a rage like you wouldn't believe. It goes on forever as if you just pulled his world out from under him. The drama that goes with it is unreal. And it gets him nowhere.

Well gotta go. We have to get ready for the 25th anniversary party at school. Mr Savage is having a big celebration. Then Grandmothers for her 89th birthday party.

No comments: