Saturday, July 25, 2009

July 13-17

This has been a very strange week around here. Sydnee is home but Simon isn't. It has also been very quiet. Mike is working 12 hour days (7-7). I got some things done around the house. I cancelled my open house for Tuesday. I'm just not up to it with all that is going on.

Tuesday was a meeting with the doctor and nurse. It went well. And Simon is doing well also. They are hoping he can go home by Friday. We visited with Simon after he finished lunch. He turned off the lights in his room and said "I have to have quiet time now. I don't have to sleep, but I have to be quiet". He layed down and asked me to lay with him. He fell asleep within 2 minutes after he asked me to rub his back. They told me he seemed to be very tired. We had noticed that a lot too. It was nice to visit with him and for him to want me to rub his back.

On Thursday he was discharged. He was anxious to leave with Sydnee and I. He had earned a lot of bucks to use at the little store they had. He bought all kinds of things there. And some of them were from Sydnee, which I thought was very nice. We headed to the hotel because we had an appointment at 8am on Friday morning up there. And then it was home we went. It was nice to have us all back together under one roof. Simon and Sydnee were playing so well together. He was being so polite and saying please, thank you, I'm sorry, etc. And all without being told.



No comments: