Saturday, July 25, 2009

July 10-12

Until this morning. I had packed the car last night so that all I would have to do was get dressed to leave for my quilt retreat. I needed to leave at 9:15am to be there on time. Everything was very smooth and there wasn't rushing around or anything. I was able to spend more time with the kids before I left and straighten up a little. And then.....

2 Minutes before I left out the door, Simon started being irritable. I couldn't figure out why. There didn't seem to be any reasoning behind it. He just kept saying he didn't know why. Well, within minutes he was at a full blown rage. For over an hour he was violent, screaming, calling everyone names, etc. He kept threatening me and himself. After one hour and 15 minutes, I had to realize that it isn't physically possible for me to hold him like I need to. He is so big now and when he's like that he is even stronger than ever. I had spoken to the doctor last night about it and she told me that she wanted me to bring him in if he got like that again. So I told Mike to get his clothes, and pack a backpack to head to Cincinnati. I was an emotional wreck by then and wasn't sure how I would handle 2 hours in the car with him. So Mike drove him up there and spent 13 hours in the ER. They had taken them straight back as soon as they got there because they knew he was coming, so that was good. But it took a while to process and decide what the plan was. Later Mike called to tell me that they were transferring him to the College Hill Campus. He got settled in and Mike was heading home.

I took Sydnee with me to the retreat, which wasn't as nice as most because I cried the entire weekend. But I had a lot of people to give me hugs. I had also taken the grey kitten with me since she was on medicine multiple times of the day after seeing the second vet because she wasn't getting any better. Her eyes were better, but they had to change her antibiotic because she now has and upper respiratory infection and ear infection on top of everything else. She now weighs 1.6#. The antibiotic she was on wouldn't help the upper respiratory. So she gave her a penicillin injection and meds. Everyone at the retreat fell in love with her. She got more lovins that I ever thought she would have. But she needed them.

I did get a little done at the retreat, but I just couldn't help but to think of Simon. We visited him on Sunday evening. He wasn't thrilled to see us at all. But I had a feeling that would be the case. They are going to start medication adjustments on Monday. He hasn't had any changes in a year and he has grown a lot. So I would think it would certainly be time. They had him on a strict routine and schedule which he seemed to like a lot. We were thinking back to when this all seemed to be starting up and we think it was about a week after school was out. So it made sense that he would like it.

No comments: